who sent Jesus Christ?
Indeed, who sent Yeshua (Jesus)? If we take as truth what most of Christendom teaches, that Yeshua was GOD, a third part of some mystical Trinity, then we must assume that He sent himself. But of course that runs contrary to not only all logic, but common sense to boot. Besides, it conflicts with and contradicts Yeshua's own testimony as well.
- JOHN 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Thus, if language means anything, then Yeshua did not originate his gospel, it was given unto Him by His Father. And further, if one is sent by another, then doesn't the one sending the other stand to be of a higher rank or a more superior class than the one whom he has sent? They were not equals, or even co-equals. GOD sent HIS agent, Yahweh sent HIS Son. This position and relationship with His Father is again Yeshua's own testimony.
- JOHN 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Yeshua repeatedly stated that what He taught He got from GOD, that what He did He got from the power of GOD. He was sent to speak for GOD, not for or of Himself. Without GOD or HIS message, Yeshua really had nothing to say. It all pointed, and was suppose to point, to GOD.
GOD sent HIS Son that we might know the Father. The purpose of Yeshua's life and ministry was not just that we might know Him. His life was a reflexion of the Father. The word being made flesh was so as to reveal the Father. Yeshua was the mirror image of the Father, not of Himself.
- JOHN 12:44-45 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. . . .
Yeshua's object was to make known the Father. Thus, when He sent out His disciples to preach and teach, they were making known the Messiah but the ultimate purpose was to make known the true GOD.
- JOHN 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
It was all so as to make known the Father.
- JOHN 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
JOHN 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
- JOHN 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
- JOHN 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
- JOHN 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
- JOHN 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
JOHN 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Thus, if we do not differentiate between Yeshua and the GOD who sent Him, we may not pass from death unto life, we may not even be saved. We must recognize that there is an individual greater than Yeshua who sent Him.
- JOHN 5:37-38 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
JOHN 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. . . .
- JOHN 6.40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
JOHN 6:44-45 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
- JOHN 11:42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
JOHN 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
- MARK 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.